His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, today remotely awarded the thirty top-performing government agencies within the National Suggestion & Complaint system, ‘Tawasul’, for the year 2021, at Gudaibiya Palace.
HRH the Crown Prince and Prime Minister highlighted the importance of strengthening the quality and delivery of public services provided to citizens and residents.
HRH the Crown Prince and Prime Minister stressed the necessity of developing government workstreams to meet the aspirations of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa.
HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad expressed confidence in Team Bahrain’s efforts to ensure service delivery excellence – a key goal of the National Suggestions and Complaints System ‘Tawasul’ – which was launched to expand and develop services provided to citizens and residents.
His Royal Highness then directed that the criteria for the Customer Service Excellence Award be expanded to further enhance competition among government agencies and improve the quality and efficiency of government service for citizens and residents.
The thirty government agencies were awarded based on the quality and efficiency of responses to suggestions and complaints submitted by citizens and residents, with some agencies’ performance indicators reaching 100%.
Twenty-two government agencies were awarded twice or more in previous editions, of which two agencies have been awarded within all six editions of the award, namely, the Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications and the Ministry of Housing. Out of the total thirty government agencies, eight were awarded for the first time.
This year’s top performing government agencies include:
• The Ministry of Interior, through the Customs Affairs
• The Southern Governorate
• The Capital Governorate
• The Northern Governorate
• The Nationality, Passport & Residence Affairs
• The General Directorate of Traffic
• The Information & eGovernment Authority
• The Ministry of Finance and National Economy
• The Ministry of Transportation and Telecommunications
• The Northern Area Municipality
• Muharraq Municipality
• The Southern Area Municipality
• The Ministry of Works, Municipalities Affairs & Urban Planning through the Municipal One Stop Shop (Shamel Municipality Centre)
• The Ministry of Industry, Commerce, and Tourism
• The Ministry of Education
• The Ministry of Housing
• The Ministry of Youth and Sports Affairs
• The Supreme Council for the Environment
• The Electricity & Water Authority
• The Labour Fund, Tamkeen
• The Survey and Land Registration Bureau
• The Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
• The National Health Regulatory Authority
• The Urban Planning and Development Authority
• The Bahrain Bourse
• The Education & Training Quality Authority
• The Bahrain Institute of Public Administration (BIPA)
• The Social Insurance Organization
• The Labour Market Regulatory Authority
• The Civil Service Bureau
For their part, the senior government officials and heads of the public sector agencies expressed their gratitude, and appreciation for receiving the award, adding that it will reinforce their efforts to ensure citizens and residents receive the best services in a timely manner.
Several senior government officials also attended.